Empowerment Parenting is an exciting way to parent today’s child. More punishment, control and coercion is NOT the answer, neither is abdicating control to your children! We cannot continue to parent our children the way we did when they were younger children, or even the way our parents parented us. The world is different! Children are different! If we do not learn new innovations in parenting, our efforts will likely be ineffective at best, and actually destructive at their worst.
- Understand your basic needs and the needs of each of your children.
- Empowerment parenting teaches you how to meet your own needs, while helping your children meet theirs in responsible ways.
- Discriminate between doing to, doing for, and doing with your children.
- Empowered parents know how to negotiate the inherent conflict between parents and children – parents wanting to keep their children safe, while children want to live with reckless abandon.
- Apply these skills to any relationship in your life to create happy, supportive, caring relationships.
November is National Runaway Prevention Month. No one wants to hear of children running away from home and it’s an incredibly complex issue. Some teens run because they are being abused at home. Others run because they have been tempted by freedom. Some run to be with...
It’s vacation season in the Northern Hemisphere and it’s got me reminiscing: I’ve been a part of some amazing family vacations and I’ve witnessed some horrific ones. I decided to have some fun and prepare a family vacation guide to help you create family vacations...
July is National Make a Difference to Children Month in the United States, yet children are living in concentration-like camps near the Mexico border. Anyone else find this ironic, or is it just me? Making a difference in the life of child can be a positive or...
Learn a Win-Win Approach to Parenting