Empowerment Parenting is an exciting way to parent today’s child. More punishment, control and coercion is NOT the answer, neither is abdicating control to your children! We cannot continue to parent our children the way we did when they were younger children, or even the way our parents parented us. The world is different! Children are different! If we do not learn new innovations in parenting, our efforts will likely be ineffective at best, and actually destructive at their worst.
- Understand your basic needs and the needs of each of your children.
- Empowerment parenting teaches you how to meet your own needs, while helping your children meet theirs in responsible ways.
- Discriminate between doing to, doing for, and doing with your children.
- Empowered parents know how to negotiate the inherent conflict between parents and children – parents wanting to keep their children safe, while children want to live with reckless abandon.
- Apply these skills to any relationship in your life to create happy, supportive, caring relationships.
As parents, when it comes to discipline, there are many methods we may employ. While there is no perfect way to parent, there are many popular practices that not only can harm the relationship you share with your children, but also harm their ability to grow into a...
As parents, disciplining teenagers can feel like a constant struggle. However, I believe most of the issue lies in how we identify the problems we often perceive as harmful in our teenagers. There are three major factors to consider. When children enter their...
Parents can often feel overwhelmed by overenergetic kids. Most of the questions I receive can be categorized in three ways: kids and ADHD, kids and anger management, and kids and screen time. Kids and ADHD There seems to be a big trend here in the US of medicating our...
Learn a Win-Win Approach to Parenting