Empowerment Parenting is an exciting way to parent today’s child. More punishment, control and coercion is NOT the answer, neither is abdicating control to your children! We cannot continue to parent our children the way we did when they were younger children, or even the way our parents parented us. The world is different! Children are different! If we do not learn new innovations in parenting, our efforts will likely be ineffective at best, and actually destructive at their worst.
- Understand your basic needs and the needs of each of your children.
- Empowerment parenting teaches you how to meet your own needs, while helping your children meet theirs in responsible ways.
- Discriminate between doing to, doing for, and doing with your children.
- Empowered parents know how to negotiate the inherent conflict between parents and children – parents wanting to keep their children safe, while children want to live with reckless abandon.
- Apply these skills to any relationship in your life to create happy, supportive, caring relationships.
What does the word ‘family’ mean to you? For some people, the word conjures up feelings of comfort, protection and love. For others, it may conjure up feelings of lacking, unpredictability and fear. There are those family members we share DNA with and family we choose...
Self-esteem isn’t something you can give another person; it’s something they need to cultivate for themselves. However, the environment you create around children can make that task easy or difficult and anything in between. If you are a parent, an educator, or any...
As parents, when it comes to discipline, there are many methods we may employ. While there is no perfect way to parent, there are many popular practices that not only can harm the relationship you share with your children, but also harm their ability to grow into a...
Learn a Win-Win Approach to Parenting