Relationship with Self: Self-Growth
“Become more powerful than anything that happens to you”
The most important relationship you will ever have is the one you have with yourself. This determines your self-esteem, your passions, your ability to go after what you want and your ability to connect with others. Working on your self-growth is key to becoming the person you were meant to be and nuturing healthy relationships with the important people in your life.
- Do you dislike the person you are?
- Do you find yourself often criticizing yourself in your head?
- Have you been diagnosed or do you suffer from anxiety or depression?
- Do you engage in self-destructive habits such as smoking, overeating, binge drinking, gambling, promiscuous sex, over working etc.?
- Do you have unexplained aches and pains in your head, back or joints?
- When you set goals for yourself, do you hear a voice in your head telling you, “Who do you think you are? You’re never gonna do that!”?
- Do you set goals, do well for about a month and then fail to make any progress?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you may be having challenges with the relationship you have with yourself.
Working on self-growth at The Relationship Center:
- You can learn and practice where to place your focus and energy for optimal results.
- You can take control of your life and become bigger than anything that happens to you.
- You can put your past behind you and eliminate the power it has over your happiness today.
- You can shift from being the victim to being the victor.
Are you trying to change circumstances?
Too often we create our own misery because we put our energy into trying to change circumstances and people that can’t be changed. We wish our past was different, we worry about our future and when we are present in the moment, we are trying to change the important people in our lives to be just the way we want them to be.
How can the Relationship Center help you with your self-growth?
The Relationship Center will help you:
- Clarify what you want, really
- Assess your progress. If you haven’t been making the progress you want, then together we will figure out and fix exactly what has been getting in the way.
- Uncover and change the subconscious sabotage in which you engage.
- Become more successful at what you want to do.
- Connect with what’s inside you and then, make whatever adjustments are necessary to move you toward your goals.
Some links may be affiliate links. We may get paid if you buy something or take an action after clicking one of these After spending more than 30 years teaching Choice Theory and 10 years as the executive director of the Glasser Institute for Choice Theory – US, I...
Most people define wealth financially by measuring net worth, investment accounts, salary, IRAs, real estate properties and so on. With financial wealth comes a lifestyle with all its trappings. But what real value does that have if you have no one to love or be loved...
Today is my birthday and it marks the beginning of my 60th year here on earth. Some people think their 60th year starts on their 60th birthday, but think about it: Your first year didn’t begin when you turned one. So today, on my 59th birthday, I begin my sixth decade...
Helping people get along better with the important people in their lives, including themselves, at home and at work.
© The Relationship Center
What are people saying...
I really appreciate you and what you are doing for this world. It has truly inspired me. I started Choice Theory thinking that it is just another theory to learn. Instead it has put me on a journey to self discovery and more. It feels like a roller coaster ride and the past 4 days has shown me how to enjoy that ride. It would not have been possible without having gone through a great and empowering training with you.
Relationships are difficult and in those tough times , Kim’s insight and wisdom have helped me to become the parent, husband, and friend that I want to be. It is a blessing to have someone that provides you the balance you need to evolve. I now realize that it’s not about being who “they” want you to be but being the best YOU that you can be…Thanks Kim!
"For me, reading 'Choosing Me Now' was tantamount to spending a much needed weekend with a good friend who had my back. It brought me back to the important stuff with such gentleness and I've left more connected and more on my own side than I've been in a long time. Exactly the kind of friend I needed right now. Thank you Kim!"
Still not convinced?